Swipe to the left
5 tips for setting new year resolutions
By Shaun Stafford & Carly Newson 2 years ago 20818 Views No comments
- Envision Success - Think about a day in your future where you have accomplished your goal. Close your eyes and think about experiencing the mental state of reaching your goal. Ask yourself "what can I do today that will help me get to this feeling".
- Keep Your List Short - It's much easier to focus on one or two goals rather than ten. Taking on a large number of resolutions is likely to set up to fail. Keep your list small and this way you won't set yourself up for lack of achievement or decreased motivation.
- Track and Celebrate Milestones - Accomplishments keep us motivated and focused. By giving yourself a little reward each step is a great way to achieve your long time goal. Little things like crossing out one step off a piece of paper will leave you satisfied and inspired to continue.
- Share Your Goals - Share your goals with others, you are more likely to achieve them. By identifying people who can help achieve your goal you are incorporating influencers and supporters rather than detractors.
- Find What’s Right For You - Instead of making your resolutions a chore, find out what makes you happy. Find a resolution that you will be happy and comfortable with, this way you will be able to sustain it and enjoy achieving it.